Visiting the dentist can be a nervous experience for many individuals and dental anxiety is a very common problem, affecting more than half the adult population.
At Stourbridge Dental and Implant Clinic, we understand that many people are anxious about visiting the dentist and have a host of measures to ensure that your experience is as pleasant and painless as possible.
All of our staff receive special training on how to support nervous patients, and we offer additional solutions such as Intravenous (IV) sedation. Over the years we have welcomed many nervous patients to our dental practice here in Stourbridge, many of whom now visit us regular having overcome their fears and anxieties.
There are various ways we have managed their anxieties and here are some ways in which we do so at the clinic:
Help and Support For You
- Free initial consultation with one of our friendly Patient Care Coordinators: Your initial visit at the clinic will be free and there is no obligation to move to the next stages. You will be taken to the Smile room (our consultation room) and greeted by Rhiann or Casey who will discuss your concerns and what you hope to achieve. It is a non-clinical, safe and relaxed environment
- Our experienced dentists: The dentists at the clinic are highly trained and take their time to ensure you are treated with respect, creating a peaceful environment. They will initially discuss this with you and will speak with the patient care coordinator to build a picture of your requirements. At Stourbridge Dental and Implant Clinic we will always try and place you with a clinician who works well with your personality. This will also help if you are worried about your visit and treatment.
- Distraction techniques: We will play music during your visit. We also have TVs above the chair whilst you are having treatment, which ensures that you are well distracted during your treatment.
- Sedation: Our principal dentist Amit Pabari can also work alongside clinicians to provide sedation if you are struggling with the concept of having treatment due to your anxieties. This allows you to settle and relax during your treatment. Amit regularly carries this out during treatment. It can be used for simple treatments as well as more complex longer treatments. Some patients even drift off to sleep during treatment when having sedation.
- Attending regularly: At the clinic, we encourage our patients to attend regular check-ups. We encourage this more so if you do have a fear of the dentist. This ensures that you have regular, short exposure to the clinic and therefore reduces the chances of you becoming anxious.
If you would like to book a FREE consultation with us, please get in touch with our friendly reception team here in Stourbridge.